Canberra Marriage Celebrant
My name is Dave Segal, a Canberra Marriage Celebrant since 2013. Wherever your big day is I can ensure it flows as you want it, in other words, I work for you! Also I am now proudly offering weddings for the LGBTIQ community. Feedback from couples is that many truly feel that I make the whole process easy. In short my approach is professional and calm so I could be the right Canberra Marriage Celebrant for you.
It’s your wedding day and my role is to ensure your needs are met. In addition I can assist you with your ceremony resulting in a meaningful values based script. To begin with, gather your passports and birth certificates in order to fill out the forms. In the event that you cannot find your birth cert you may need to apply for these. We can use your passport and some other proof of address for instance a utility bill. Another key point is that your birth certificates must be in English. Because of that if it is an overseas birth certificate it must be translated.
I have wireless sound equipment capable of meeting the needs of large audiences with this in mind you have more options. Uniquely it doesn’t need electricity which makes it easy for example to have your day in nature.
How long does the ceremony take?
Generally speaking whenever I perform a wedding the actual ceremony takes around 15 minutes once it has started. To put it another way, a civil celebrant can offer you a wedding day which is tailored to your needs. As a matter of fact you may not be aware that you ceremony can go for as long or as short as you need it. There are only a few legal parts of the ceremony which must be stated in spite of this your ceremony is as meaningful as you want it to be.
What types of ceremonies?
Your wedding is unique to you. We start with a chat about what you don’t want, as a result I know more about what you do want on your day. Weddings can be just you two speaking, I can step in and out as required to say the legal parts. You don’t have to sit at a signing table, despite this many couples do. Create your own traditions from your own values and build meaning from that.
I charge $700 for everything you need. Celebrants have a number of professional fees, continuing professional development, insurance, transport time, preparation, high quality sound equipment and the experience required to ensure your day is perfect.
Canberra Marriage Celebrant – Contact me
Some more about me:
- Member of Celebrant Association specifically CCN.
- Civil Celebrant since 2013.
- Experienced public speaker and trainer see MHIST.com.
- Bachelor of Communications, Masters of Management, Graduate Cert. Comm Couns.
What have clients said about Canberra Marriage Celebrant?
- “Hi Dave, Just a short note to thank you for the great job you did at our recent wedding. Both of us were very happy with the ceremony and appreciated your professionalism, calmness and pragmatism through the whole process. We would certainly recommend you to other couples. Thanks again, Craig and Shanan Gillies”
- We met a few celebrants but liked Dave straight away and he helped us make the ceremony ‘ours’ and he is a wonderful speaker. He was the perfect choice for us and we highly recommend Dave’s expertise as a celebrant! We felt supported and guided by his knowledge and insight and he made sure we were comfortable and confident in the lead up to our wedding. He also has an amazing range of skills and training that ensure that you can trust he will be able to tackle any problems that could happen. Thank you so much Dave for making our special day happen! (Jessica Ashman)
Some more feedback
- We have no hesitation in recommending Dave as a celebrant. Dave clearly explained the process, gave us time and assistance in personalising the ceremony, and met with us multiple times leading up to the event. Because of Dave, we had a wonderfully personal and unique ceremony which we could not have been happier with. Dave has an extremely friendly and calm approach, and a professional manner, which made us feel very comfortable during perhaps the most nervous time of our lives! Thank you Dave! (Megan Whittenbury)